Saturday, December 12, 2015

Highlighting Hour of Code Moments

It was a busy week in all of our libraries!  A huge majority undertook Hour of Code, something we tried out last year. Here's what a I noticed:

Engaged students, no matter what grade they were in...


Collaboration between students...




Wonder and excitement... 



We also had a few parent nights... 



What I loved most: When librarians heard students say, "Ahhh, look at that!" or "This is cool!", they knew students were truly excited. When librarians heard students say, "Oh, I've got to do this first. Now I solved it!", they knew that students were thinking critically. And when librarians heard, "Yes-I did it!", they knew students were truly persevering.

How was your Hour of Code week?  I'd love to hear about your experiences and next steps.