Saturday, April 28, 2018

Me, Frida and the Secret of the Peacock RingMe, Frida and the Secret of the Peacock Ring by Angela Cervantes


I really enjoyed this middle grade mystery! Paloma Marquez' isn't excited about having to be in Mexico to be with her mom who's received a 4 week fellowship but the trip quickly turns into a search mission to recover the missing peacock ring belonging to Frida Kahlo and helping her friends free their dad who was framed.

I quickly became enamored with Paloma and her quest to learn about her dad who died when she was 3; all the nuggets of information she gleans from mom are quickly jotted down on note-cards as a way to remember the father she lost.

Angela Cervantes does a wonderful job with this mystery, weaving in the Mexican culture, historical information about Frida Kahlo and including Spanish words and cultural customs in this great story.

View all my reviews

Bonus info!
I follow Angela Cervantes on Twitter @AngelaCervantes and she shared this fun tweet:

No comments:

Post a Comment